Dear Muslims, Please make sure you and your children know which is the real
Masjid Al Aqsa
Many Muslims think the Al-Sakhrah Mosque (shown on the right) also know as
the "Dome of the rock" is the Al-Aqsa Mosque!!
!!!!THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!
The main reason behind this is public ignorance. The Al-Aqsa Mosque is the Mosque
shown on the left.
This is the Al-Sakhrah Mosque!!( Dome of the rock)
This ( see above) is the Al-Sakhrah Mosque!!(Also known as the Dome of the rock) NOT the Al-Aqsa
This is the real Al-Aqsa Mosque shown below!!
The Al-Aqsa Mosque where the Prophet Muhammad (sallal la ho alaihe wasalam)
led salat with all the prophets, from Adam (alaihe ssalam) to Isa (alaihe ssalam).
Please make sure you and your children, your friends all know which is
the real Masjid Al Aqsa. Check your house for pictures!! many people have
picture in there homes showing the wrong mosque!!
In Islam Al-Aqsa is one of the
three most sacred places after Mecca and Medina.
Masjid Al Aqsa
Did you know?
- That, Masjidul Al Aqsa was the second Masjid on earth.
- That, it was built 40 years after the Ka’ba in Makkah.
- That, most scholars are of the opinion that Masjidul Al Aqsa was first
built by Prophet Adam [as].
- That, Ibrahim [as] rebuilt the Masjidul Al Aqsa in Jerusalem as he and
Ismail [as] rebuilt the Ka’ba in Makkah.
- That, Prophet Daud [as] began the rebuilding of Masjidul Al Aqsa.
- That, it was Prophet Sulayman [as] who finally completed the building
of Masjidul Al Aqsa.
- That, Masjidul Al Aqsa built by Sulayman [as] was destroyed in 587 BC
by Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon.
- That, the Jews call this same Masjidul Al Aqsa built by Sulayman [as]
as their Temple.
- That, the Jews re-built their Temple on them same site in 167 BC but
was destroyed in 70 AD and Jews banished from Jerusalem.
- That, the site of Masjidul Al Aqsa remained barren and was used as a
rubbish tip for nearly 600 years until the Great Khalifah Umar bin Khattab
liberated Jerusalem in 637/8 AD.
- That, the Khalifah Umar bin Khattab began the foundation of Masjidul Al
Aqsa and a timber mosque was built.
- That, the Umayyad Khalifah, Abd’ al Malik ibn Marwan in 691/2 [72/73
AH] began the construction of, Dome of the Rock – today this is the Golden
- That, the al Buraq wall or Western Wall where Prophet Muhammad [saas]
tied his animal the Buraq on the night journey of al Isra is what the Jews
call the wailing wall.
- That, to Muslims it is the land or the Haram Sharif area which is most
holy and important.
- That, the Haram area of Al Aqsa has within it the Masjidul Al Aqsa
[Black Domed Mosque] and Dome of the Rock [the Golden Domed Mosque].
- That, Israel occupied Masjidul Al Aqsa in 1967.
- That, the fundamentalist Jews have made 100’s of attempts to destroy Al
Aqsa since 1967 when they occupied it. A fire in 1967 started by their help
destroyed the 900 year old Mimbar installed by Slaudeen Ayub, the Great Muslim
- That, the fundamentalist want to blow up and destroy Masjidul Al Aqsa
and replace it with a Jewish Temple.